TO QUALIFY FOR CARE AT VIM, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- You or a member of your immediate family (parent, spouse, adult child) living in the same household must reside or work on Hilton Head or Daufuskie Islands.
- You must be a resident for a minimum of 30 days in order to be eligible for services.
- VIM does not provide care for individuals whose injuries/conditions are work related or covered by Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
- Your family income must be less than 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines (for example: Single adult’s gross monthly income cannot exceed $2,023).
- You must have no usable medical insurance.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ELIGIBILITY SCREENING:
- All family members in the household who earn wages must provide income verification in order to determine the eligibility of each member of the household. Verification should be the most recent month of pay stubs and last year’s income tax return or notarized letters from employers on company letterhead if paid in cash.
- Each individual applying for services must provide proof of 30 days residency. Examples include a rent slip, utility bill, school registration. If you are unable to provide this, you may be eligible 30 days after your initial visit to VIM.
- Each individual must provide some form of photo identification.
- New patients are registered on Monday and Wednesday afternoons only, between 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM. Patients who need to renew their registration may be re-screened during regular clinic hours.
VIM SCREENING POLICY
- Individuals and families must be approved prior to scheduling an appointment or being seen as a walk-in patient.
- All patients are re-screened yearly, some more often.
- Medical and dental services will not be provided to individuals and families until VIM’s eligibility and documentation requirements have been met.
- All patients must have their registration up-to-date in order to make a medical or dental appointment. Patients must be re-screened every year.
- All first-time patients should schedule an introductory appointment for dental cleaning, x-rays and a check-up.