18 Jan Kale Chips Recipe
VIM CLINIC WELLNESS
These are a low-calorie nutritious snack. Like potato chips, you cannot stop at just eating one. They are great for parties and a good conversation topic.
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 medium-sized bunch of kale
2 tsp of olive oil
a pinch or two of salt
a pinch or two of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash and dry kale (a salad spinner works well for this). Make sure it is dry or you may have soggy chips. Rip theleaves off of the stems and the chewy veins and tearinto bite-sized pieces.
- Drizzle kale with olive oil. Massage olive oil into theleaves. Arrange the kale chips on a baking sheet in asingle layer without overlap.
- Sprinkle salt and garlic powder to the leaves.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate pan and flip any pieces thatare starting to look crispy. Bake another 10-15 minutesbut watch closely the last 7-8 minutes to prevent over-browning as it happens fast.
- Remove pan and leave kale chips on the pan for 3-5minutes before serving as they will crisp up even more.