While VIM relies heavily on cash and stock donations, there are many items needed by the clinic that do not require your checkbook.
In-kind donations (contributions of equipment, supplies or other property as distinct from monetary grants) are much appreciated at Volunteers in Medicine. There are many items that we can use, and there are some items that we cannot use at all.
The following lists are suggestions of what VIM can and cannot accept:
- Unopened or unused pharmaceuticals
- Drug samples that are not expired (see date on bottle)
- Paper products for breakroom and restrooms (hand soap, paper towels, bathroom tissue, paper plates and cups, plastic utensils, paper napkins)
- Small new toys and trinkets for the pediatric “treasure boxes” (for children who see the doctor, dentist, or hygienist)
- Children’s books (new or gently used) for the children’s room
- New coloring books and new crayons for children’s room
- Office supplies such as pens, copy or printer paper, paper clips, etc.
- Office furniture and medical exam tables in good condition
- Sickroom supplies (walkers, commodes, crutches, etc. these should be donated to Low Country Presbyterian Church in Bluffton for their durable medical equipment bank).
- Drugs and other pharmaceuticals that have been opened or used
- Older computers
- Large, bulky computer monitors
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Used stuffed animals
VIM-HHI does not accept opened medications or donations of controlled substances such as opioid painkillers. Opened medications may be disposed of for free in the drop box at the Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office located at 70 Shelter Cove Lane on Hilton Head.
For the medical items VIM cannot accept, please donate to Low Country Presbyterian Church as they have a medical equipment bank. They are located at 10 Simmonsville Road, Bluffton, SC 29910 and may be reached by telephone at (843) 815-6570.
If you have any questions about an in-kind donation, please call VIM’s Development Office for further information: (843) 689-6612.
In-kind donations may be dropped off at the clinic at 15 Northridge Drive during clinic hours (Monday thru Friday 8:30 to 11:00 am). You will receive a receipt for your donation upon arrival, however VIM does not determine monetary value of donations.
Thank you for donating to VIM-HHI!