While VIM relies heavily on cash and stock donations, there are many items needed by the clinic that do not require your checkbook.
In kind donations (contributions of equipment, supplies or other property as distinct from monetary grants) are much-appreciated at Volunteers in Medicine. There are many items that we can use constantly, and there are some items that we cannot use at all.
The following lists are suggestions of what VIM can and cannot accept:
- Unopened or unused pharmaceuticals
- Drug samples that are not date expired
- Paper products for breakroom and restrooms (hand soap, paper towels, bathroom tissue, paper plates and cups, plastic utensils, paper napkins)
- Small new toys and trinkets for the pediatric “treasure boxes” (for children who see the doctor, dentist or hygienist)
- Children’s books (new or gently used) for the children’s room
- New coloring books and new crayons for children’s room
- Office supplies such as pens, copy or printer paper, paper clips, etc.
- Office furniture and medical exam tables in good condition
- Sickroom supplies (walkers, commodes, crutches, etc. these should be donated to Low Country Presbyterian Church in Bluffton for their durable medical equipment bank).
- Drugs and other pharmaceuticals that have been opened or used
- Older computers
- Large, bulky computer monitors
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Used stuffed animals
For these goods please go to LowCountry Presbyterian Church. They have a medical equipment bank. Or go to: 10 Simmonsville Road, Bluffton, SC 29910, 843.815.6570.
If you have any questions about an in-kind donation, please don’t hesitate to call the Development Office for further information: 843.689.6612.
In-kind donations may be dropped off at the clinic at 15 Northridge Drive during clinic hours (Monday thru Friday 8:30 to 11:00 am). We will take your donation and contact information from you and mail you a receipt.
Thank you so much for donating to VIM!