31 Jan Basil & Arugula Pizza Recipe
VIM CLINIC WELLNESS
The fresh basil and arugula make this pizza perfect for a quick, fresh meal. The more natural ingredients you include, the healthier it becomes.
Servings: 2 – 3
Cook time: 25 minutes
Basic pizza dough (sub. pita flatbread or ready-made pizza crust
1 cup diced canned tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
2 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
A pinch of salt
1 large black olive
Bunch of fresh basil leaves, torn if large
Small bunch of baby arugula leaves
2 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
A pinch of cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread tomatoes evenly over the pizza dough (or dough substitute) leaving a 1/2 inch border between sauce and edge of crust.
- Top with sliced garlic and mozzarella. Season with salt. Place olive in center.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until crust is crisp and golden brown, and cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.
- Top with basil, arugula and parmesan. Season with cracked pepper. Serve hot.