TO QUALIFY FOR CARE AT VIM, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- You or a member of your immediate family (parent, spouse, adult child) living in the same household must reside or work on Hilton Head or Daufuskie Islands.
- You must be a resident for a minimum of 30 days in order to be eligible for services.
- VIM does not provide care for individuals whose injuries/conditions are covered by Worker’s Compensation.
- Your family income must be less than 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines (for example: Single adult’s gross monthly income cannot exceed $1,945).
- You must have no usable medical insurance.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ELIGIBILITY SCREENING:
- All family members in the household who earn wages must provide income verification in order to determine the eligibility of each member of the household. Verification should be the most recent month of pay stubs and last year’s income tax return, or notarized letters from employers on company letterhead if paid in cash.
- Each individual applying for services must provide proof of 30 days residency. Examples include a rent slip, utility bill, school registration. If you are unable to provide this, you may be eligible 30 days after your initial visit to VIM.
- Each individual must provide some form of photo identification.
- All adult patients are asked (once per year) to donate twenty five dollars to help the clinic pay for medicines and medical supplies.
- New patients are registered on Monday and Wednesday afternoons only, between 12:30-3:00 pm. Patients who are currently registered may be rescreened during regular clinic hours.
VIM SCREENING POLICY
- Individuals and families must be approved prior to scheduling an appointment or being seen as a walk-in patient.
- All patients are re-screened yearly, some more often.
- Medical and dental services will not be provided to individuals and families until VIM’s eligibility and documentation requirements have been met.
- All patients must have their registration up-to-date in order to make a medical or dental appointment. Must be rescreened every year.
- All first-time patients should schedule an introductory appointment for dental cleaning, x-rays and a check-up. You must pay a $15 deposit when you make this appointment, which will be refunded when you come for your scheduled appointment.